$24,950 MSRP; $35,500 Tested
Mom’s driving review: Honestly, I didn’t love this car on day one, but I warmed up to it by the end of the week. I asked my friends if they loved theirs and they do so I felt like I needed to give it a chance. I wasn’t fond of the way the seat slides back when you turn the vehicle off and exit. I’m short so when I get back in my arms and legs do not reach the controls/pedals. This feature can be disabled and I hear it’s a positive for taller folks.
The Santa Fe Sport has been awarded the 2014 NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating, Cars.com’s 2014 Family Car of the Year, plus many others.
The redesigned Santa Fe Sport is smaller than the Santa Fe but still roomy for your family and belongings. The Sport is a stylish, comfortable, crossover SUV and has many great features:
• Driver Selectable Steering Mode
• Panoramic sunroof
• 7 airbags
• 7 passenger seating; rear cargo space 71.5 cu. ft. when the second row is folded down
• Proximity Key with electronic push button start – At night, you’ll notice the door handle lights up when you are next to the vehicle.
• Navigation: While on some roads, like I-405, a speed limit sign is visible on your screen. I think this a great addition since I go on many road trips.
• 2.4L GDI DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder. 190 HP: While this isn’t the fastest car on the road, it’s a smooth drive
• Standard Hillstart Assist Control (HAC) minimizes backward roll when stopped on steep hills
• Seats are covered in YES Essentials® deluxe seat cloth, which is stain resistant. Plus this material has an antibacterial feature to control odors. The fabric also has innovative anti-static technology that helps disperse the electrostatic charge that builds up as you enter and exit the vehicle.
Jack’s front seat passenger review (age 13): Seats were comfortable. The heated and cooling seat feature was very nice. Roomy. Lots of buttons to push!
Katie’s back seat passenger review (age 9): I liked how the sunroof went all the way to the back and that there are heated seats in the back.