Most of the time adjusting seats is not a big deal. I stepped into the Hyundai Genesis for the first time, and practically fell into a deep abyss. The gentleman who drops off the cars each week for me is about 6 feet 4 inches tall. I am 5 feet 2 inches on a good day. There is a lot of room in this car for tall humans. Luckily I could adjust the seat height up and forward quite a bit.
The Genesis is considered a premium sedan. The width is 74.4 inches and length is 196.5 inches. Compare this to a common Honda Accord mid-size sedan: 72.8/191.4. It doesn’t seem like a large difference so I asked Karin what she thought since she was a passenger in each.
Karin’s review: “The interior set-up feels larger in the Genesis because the layout is completely different.
“The Genesis definitely feels like a luxury car versus the Momda (the made-up word Julie Boselly uses to describe her 2004 Honda Accord).”
Jack’s review: I don’t have a quote from him but he told his dad he was concerned about my ability to drive this giant vehicle for our weekend get-away to Chelan. Please note: we made it just fine and he knows I can drive.
The Genesis has all the bells and whistles you would expect in a premium sedan. My favorite was the automatic trunk. When you walk up to the tail end of the car, with the key on your person, the trunk will open for you after three seconds. This is incredibly handy if you have full hands. At night, you are greeted with “puddle” lighting next to the front doors. The logo shows on the ground as well. It looks a bit like Batman is about to help you into your car.
I would definitely like to drive the V8 version of the Genesis. It’s a beautiful premium sedan and was a conversation starter at the Costco gas station. The only features we missed were extra cup holders (the door pockets didn’t fit anything we had) and a sun roof.
• 311-hp 3.8L V6 GDI engine
• 18-inch premium alloy wheels with P245/45R18 tires
• Dual power-folding heated side mirrors with approach lamps (Genesis logo)
• Side mirrors with turn-signal indicators
• Electroluminescent Gauge Cluster with 4.2-inch TFT LCD screen
• AM/FM/XM®/CD/MP3/HD Radio™ audio system with seven speakers
• Dual automatic temperature control
• Leather seating surfaces
• Heated front seats
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
• Heated rear seats (AWD ONLY)
• Heated steering wheel (AWD ONLY)
• Headlight washers (AWD ONLY)
• City/highway/combined (RWD) 18 / 29 / 22
For more information, visit www.hyundaiusa.com.