At $24,340, the loaded four-door sedan is a great choice for an affordable car. Our week of driving consisted of a trip to Port Gamble for a mountain bike race. The Civic easily hauled two mountain bikes and trekked through muddy fields. Take that, SUVs and trucks!
Standard features on the Honda Civic EX-L include:
• Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
• Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Cruise, Audio, Phone, i-MID and Navigation Controls
• 7-inch Display Audio with Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ and Voice Recognition, Honda HD Digital Traffic, High-Resolution WVGA (800x480) Electrostatic Touch-Screen, Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines and Customizable Feature Settings
• HD Radio™
• SiriusXM® Radio
• Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
• 12-Volt Power Outlet
• Driver’s Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment
• Leather-Trimmed Seats
• Heated Front Seats
• Security System with Remote Entry and Trunk Release
• Smart Entry
• Fog Lights
• 143-hp (SAE Net), 1.8-Liter, 16-Valve, SOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine
• Drive-by-Wire Throttle System
• Eco Assist™ System
• ULEV-2/PZEV CARB Emissions Rating1
• Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
• The Honda Civic EX-L passed the teenager style test. My 14-year-old son loves the sleek angle of the front dash and hood.
• My back seat rider complained daily that she was locked in and couldn’t get out to go to school. Apparently I have not taught my daughter how to push buttons properly.
There are about seven style options for the Civic, including coupe, natural gas, HF (Honda’s highest EPA mileage-rated, non-hybrid vehicles) and hybrid.
You can’t go wrong with a 2015 Civic!
MSRP (as driven): $24,340
MPG: 30 city/39 hwy