Damage report forms for residents and businesses

  • Written by Woodinville Weekly Staff

King County Emergency Management is collecting information from residents and businesses on damage and losses suffered during the December 2015 windstorm and floods. If your King County home or business sustained damage as a result of the storm, you may be eligible for federal disaster assistance as you begin to clean up. Follow these important steps for reporting damages to personal property. Please read all steps carefully before beginning your report. If you have questions, please contact King County at 1-800-523-5044.

Step 1: Assess and document the damage

• Identify and make a list of all the damages.
• Take pictures of the damages.
• Estimate how much you think it will cost for repairs or to replace your belongings.

Step 2: Call your insurance company

• Locate your insurance policy documents (if available) and call your insurance company.
• Report damages. Your insurance carrier will advise you on coverage and additional steps to be taken.
• If you are experiencing problems with your insurance, you may want to contact the Insurance Commissioner for assistance or to file a complaint: Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner, 1-800-562-6900.

Step 3: File your report online

Complete an online damage report form using the links below.

You will be asked several questions including the estimated damage to your home and belongings, as well as your insurance coverage. This information will be used to establish a county-wide damage assessment which will aid us in obtaining federal assistance. Even if you have suffered only minor damage and do not expect to need assistance, you should submit a report.

Important information to have on-hand when filing your report:
•     Contact information
•     Address of the damaged property
•     Name of the owner or renter
•     Estimated pre-disaster value of the property (from your tax records)
•     Estimated structural damage
•     Estimated personal property loss
•     Primary cause of the damage
•     Insurance coverage for the losses and the amount of your deductible
•     Is the property habitable (safe to live in)?
•     Is the property accessible?
•     Is the damage major or minor?
•     Description of the damage

Reporting forms

Residential: The purpose of this form is to collect information from primary residences in King County affected by this event in order to make a preliminary assessment of damages. Detached garages and storage buildings, secondary homes and recreational homes should not to be included in your report. Find the form at

Business: The purpose of this form is to collect information from businesses in King County affected by this incident in order to make a preliminary assessment of damages following a disaster. Find the form at

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to Twitter