“Spring into Gardening” at the 19th annual Sno-Valley Plant and Garden Art Sale on Friday and Saturday, May 2-3, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Sno-Valley Senior Center, 4610 Stephens Ave. in Carnation.
Just in time for May Day, this annual sale features thousands of annuals, perennials, shrubs, vegetables and herbs as well as garden art, a bake sale and a cafe. Plant lovers will be treated to a wide variety of flowering plants, both the old favorites and the new and unusual.
This year the sale is being held at the Sno-Valley Senior Center, with large indoor and outdoor rooms overflowing with flora.
Many of the vegetables are donated by our own Snoqualmie Valley growers who specialize in what’s best for our location. Master Gardeners will be on hand to answer gardening questions and assist with color selections. Local artisans will sell hand-crafted garden art.
You can take a break from plant shopping at the Garden Café which will feature coffee, baked goods and steaming bowls of homemade soups. You can also bring some delicious goodies home from our popular bake sale.
For more plant sale information, go to www.snovalleysenior.org or call 425-333-4152. Proceeds from the sale benefit the programs of the Sno-Valley Senior Center in Carnation. This is the largest plant sale on the Eastside, so don’t miss it!
“How soon can you work on my house? I just visited one of your clients and was amazed to see and experience the transformation of her home and patio, from chaos, to calm and sophisticated. I’m looking forward to your suggestions and learning more about Feng Shui. “Walking from her living room out to the patio I experienced that feeling of one continuous space. It is though the outside was brought in and the inside brought out. I experienced a discernible state of harmony and balance that is evident in nature.”
Local home prices are continuing to appreciate, demand is high, and the supply of homes continues to be low – the perfect market for selling your home. So why not just put your home on the market “as is” at a high price and see what happens? Because the statistics clearly show that is not a good strategy for selling your home for the best possible price. Well priced, well marketed, and well prepared homes are selling quickly and for top dollar. Homes that are not selling quickly, even in today’s market, are sitting because they weren’t well priced, well marketed and/or were not well prepared.
Here are some tips on how you can prepare your home for a top sales price:
• Enhance Your Curb Appeal. Clean the roof, pressure wash walkway/entrance, mow & edge lawn, put down fresh bark, and add a spot of color (flower beds or flower pots). Buyers want to come in to see a house when the outside looks crisp & nicely maintained.
• Prepare the Entry. Make sure your front door/entry is crisp and clean… this sets expectations for buyers as they wait to enter your home and keeps them excited about the potential. Repainting your door has the highest return on value of any remodeling for resale project.
• Depersonalize. You want your home to appeal to as many buyers as possible – by depersonalizing it you help them visualize themselves in the house and not feel like they are trespassing on your home and memories.
• Maximize Space. Declutter, declutter, declutter – throughout the house – walls, floors, counters, shelves. Remember you will need to pack up when you move, doing some of it before you put your home on the market will make a big difference. Help people see where they could put all of their possessions.
• Interior Condition. The interior condition will dictate the price – have it in the best condition possible that is consistent with your pricing strategy. Generally – fresh neutral paint on the walls, clean carpets, clean/refinished floors, sparkling windows, organized cabinets & closets, fresh grout & caulk in the bathrooms – everything should be as crisp and clean as possible. Consider doing a pre-inspection and taking care of all major problems in advance. Make it move-in ready.
• Differentiate. Determine and emphasize what is special about your home – the style, the layout, the view, the privacy, the low maintenance, the local schools etc. Professional staging, feature cards, and in-home marketing materials can all help make sure the buyer knows why they should stop looking after they see your home!
If you would like a complimentary market analysis to understand how to prepare, price and best market your home give us a call. The Blue Team – working twice as hard for you and providing you with the right expertise to guide you in all your Real Estate Transitions!
Spring officially started last week. While Mother Nature still has the power to toss some dreary days and soggy stretches our way, she can’t dampen our optimism. The calendar has spoken, and rain or shine, we are now allowed to welcome spring enthusiastically into our hearts and homes. The best part is that it doesn’t take much. Here are some simple ideas to help you get into the springtime swing.
by The Blue Team: Michelle Blue & Ashley Farrington, Windermere Woodinville
Many people have heard about reverse mortgages but don’t really know what they are.
To put it simply, a reverse mortgage is where the payment stream is "reversed" and instead of making monthly payments to a lender, the lender makes payments to you.
If you, or a loved one, is 62 or older, a reverse mortgage can help convert 50-66 percent of the appraised value into cash without having to sell the home, give up title or take on a new monthly mortgage payment.
It can also be a way to purchase a new home without having to make monthly mortgage payments.
What does that really mean?
• Stay in your home and be able to access part of the equity you have built in order to consolidate debt, eliminate mortgage payments, cover unplanned medical expenses, pay for in-home care, remodel home for current needs, avoid foreclosure, supplement retirement income, or any other need you may have for cash.
• Purchase a new home that provides more affordable living, is smaller and easier to care for, is on a single level or more accessible, is closer to friends or family, or even is the dream home you have always wanted.
• Features of Loan Program: FHA insured, no monthly mortgage payments (must continue to pay home insurance, property taxes, and home maintenance as needed); retain title to home; non-recourse loan (no recourse to borrower/estate/heirs if loan balance exceeds the home’s value at maturity as long as the home is sold to pay off the debt or balance is paid in full if borrower/estate wants to retain property); right to remaining equity (any equity that remains in the property after the reverse mortgage is retired, belongs to borrower/estate/heirs); no time limit on length of time staying in home; mandatory mortgage insurance premium (ensures that the mortgage balance will be paid in full, if the home sells for less than owed); a single set of closing costs when purchasing a home; and funds are available as a line of credit or monthly payment.
• Qualifications: Homeowner must be 62+, the home in name of homeowner and is primary residence, must have at least 50 percent equity in home or ability to make a monetary investment at closing from an allowable funding source, must occupy property within 60 days, mandatory counseling session required, and must be able to and continue to pay taxes and home insurance.
• Eligible Properties: Single family, 1-4 unit, FHA approved condos and town homes, meets minimum FHA property standards, within maximum FHA loan limit ($625K currently), no other 1st or 2nd liens against property and any existing mortgages must be paid off with the loan proceeds.
We are not lenders, but can recommend a fabulous Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer if you’d like to explore this further. The Blue Team – working twice as hard for you and providing a team of experts to guide you in all your real estate transitions!