School districts all over Western Washington are publishing their back-to-school supply lists. Yet for families that are struggling, the cost of school supplies can be a financial burden.
That’s why Harborstone Credit Union, with locations in Thurston, Pierce and King counties, is partnering with its members and local school districts on a back-to-school supply drive.
It’s easy, and anyone can participate. Just stop by your local Harborstone branch and drop off your donation of new school supplies, including:
• Crayons, markers, No. 2 pencils, and erasers
• Spiral notebooks and lined notebook paper
• Glue sticks and scissors (Fiskars preferred)
• Thumb drives (that’s right; middle and high school students use them to store class assignments and work!)
“There’s a tremendous need for support in our local communities, and I’m proud of our employees for adopting local schools and districts, making donations, and also encouraging our members to donate,” explained Phil Jones, CEO of Harborstone.”
Some of the schools that will benefit from the school-supply drive include:
• Carter Lake Elementary and Park Lodge Elementary (Clover Park School District)
• Giaudrone Middle School (Tacoma Public Schools)
• Northshore School District (all schools in need)
• Peninsula School District (all schools in need)
• Tukwila Elementary School (Tukwila School District)
The back-to-school supply drive is already underway and will wrap up Friday, Aug. 19. This will allow Harborstone employees to deliver supplies to their local schools before the first day of class, which is Aug. 30 for many districts.
Woodinville Branch, Harborstone Credit Union.
17601 140th Ave. NE
Woodinville, WA 98072