The Evergreen Classic Benefit Horse Show is returning for a historic 35th year, August 10-14 at the Remlinger Farms Equestrian Park, alongside the Snoqualmie River in Carnation. This event is the Northwest’s premier equestrian competition, featuring the region’s top hunter-jumper horses and riders, great food and family entertainment, and several special events throughout the week.
The Evergreen Classic features six all-grass show rings, the 14 Hands VIP Patron’s tent and a vendor row that includes a wide variety of food, shopping, and entertainment for the entire family.
The show’s combination of top-notch horses and riders, beautiful setting and views and variety of family entertainment make it the perfect weekend destination.
"We encourage everybody to visit the Evergreen Classic this summer," said Jeff Anthony, the horse show’s executive director. "Whether you come for the competition, the shopping, or any of our great family activities, you are sure to have a wonderful time!"
Highlights of this year’s Evergreen Classic Benefit Horse Show include:
• The $30,000 Evergreen Classic Grand Prix, featuring the top professional riders from the region jumping fences set at national standards by the internationally renowned course designer Anthony D’Ambrosio
• The $15,000 Thumbs Up International Hunter Derby, the Northwest’s premier hunter event, on the beautiful Legacy Grand Hunter Field
• For the first time this year, the Evergreen Classic is proud to be hosting both the Emerging Athletes Program (EAP) Level II Clinic, as well as the USHJA Trainer Certification Program Clinic, Monday and Tuesday August 8-9.
• This year also marks the Evergreen Classic’s first "Little Bit of Fashion" show! This exciting event will include the latest trends in equestrian wear from Hermès and Olson’s Tack.
While Little Bit riders strut their stuff, you can enjoy a dinner provided by Lisa Dupar Catering and dance under the tent to live music. So, mark your calendars for Thursday, August 11th from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Friday evening’s $10,000 Potcreek Open Jumper class and the Team Power and Speed Relay is followed by the always popular Horseless Jumping class, where kids of all ages can test their jumping skills over actual horse jumps.
The Evergreen Classic is a benefit horse show managed by the Washington Hunter-Jumper Foundation, a public charity dedicated to expanding and improving the hunter-jumper equestrian disciplines within the state of Washington.
Admission to the horse show and clinics is free to the public.
Onsite parking is available for $5/day Wednesday through Sunday.
The show’s lead charity beneficiary is Little Bit Therapeutic Riding Center, a local organization that provides equine-assisted therapies for children and adults with disabilities.
Little Bit serves 235 riders a week, and works to enliven the bodies, minds and spirits of its entire community.
For more information on the Evergreen Classic Benefit Horse Show, please visit the Evergreen Classic website at www.evergreenclassic.com. The Washington Hunter-Jumper Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation.