Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke and flames visible from the front side of the structure.
Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly. The fire originated in the garage and spread to the inside living area and attic space very quickly.
The official cause of the fire was determined to be an accidental overheated electrical device.
The homeowners evacuated safety out of the single story structure and called 9-1-1. There are no injuries to report at this time.
The City of Bothell Fire and E.M.S. strongly urges everyone to practice home escape routes frequently and identify a meeting place outside.
Additionally, practice crawling low to the ground when escaping a fire. The number one killer in residential fires is smoke inhalation.
Protect your family by having several working smoke alarms installed in your home and check the batteries at least twice a year.