If you and your family are planning to cut a Christmas tree on the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest this year, you may want to do it before the snow falls in the high country. Permits to cut trees go on sale Nov. 14 – Dec. 24.
Unlike in years past, the Forest Service will not snow plow the Hansen Creek Road (Forest Service Road 5510) on the I-90 corridor and Forest Service roads 7010 and 75 on the Highway 410 corridor.
The district will continue to sell the permits and provide snow and road conditions. Permits are available at the following locations:
• Mt. Baker Ranger Station
810 State Route 20 Sedro-Woolley, 360-856-5700 Ext. 515
• Glacier Public Service Center
Mt. Baker Highway 542 Glacier, 360-599-2714
• Darrington Ranger Station, 1405 Emens Ave. N. Darrington, 360-436-1155
• Verlot Public Service Center, 33515 Mountain Loop Highway, Granite Falls, 360-691-7791
• Skykomish Ranger Station, 74920 NE Stevens Pass Hwy, Skykomish,360-677-2414
• Snoqualmie Ranger Stations, 902 SE North Bend Way North Bend, 425-888-1421
• Seattle REI, Outdoor Recreation Information Center, 222 Yale Ave. N. Seattle, 206-470-4060
• REI Alderwood Store
3000 184th St. SW Lynnwood, 425-640-6200