AAA recommends making sure you pack these 10 essential items in your winter driving kit in case you encounter snow and ice:
1. Cell phone and charger for making emergency calls.
2. Warning devices (flares, triangles or other visual alerts).
3. First aid kit.
4. Flashlight with new batteries.
5. Non-perishable food and water.
6. Blankets and warm clothing including hat and gloves.
7. Jumper cables.
8. Abrasive material (sand or cat litter) or traction mats and a small shovel.
9. Ice/snow scraper for clearing car and windows.
10. Tire chains.
For more information on winter driving pick up a “How To Go On Ice and Snow” brochure at your local AAA office or go to AAA.com and click on “Traffic Safety” to download a copy.