SEATTLE — Bartell Drugs’ “School Tools for Kids in Need” school supplies donation drive runs through August 26 at all 58 Bartell’s locations to support local students.
Donated school supplies will help re-stock the Teacher Resource Center, where teachers whose students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch programs— “shop” free of charge for school supplies to help meet students’ needs.
According to World Vision, a globally-known charitable organization, as many as 58,000 local students could begin the school year without the basic school supplies.
“With so many area children lacking basic school supplies, there’s never been a more important time to support this drive. Over the past eight years we’ve appreciated the support by our customers and the public for their donations,” said Bartell Drugs Chairman and CEO George D. Bartell.Mead, Avery, Kimberly Clark and Bic have teamed up with Bartell’s to support this year’s “School Tools for Kids in Need” drive.
A “Basic Needs” list of suggested donation items found in Bartell’s School Aisles include:
• #2 Pencils – 20 Count
• Bic Cristal or Round Stic Ink Pens – 10 pack. Blue or Black
• Elmer’s Glue – Glue-All or School Glue/4 oz. bottles
• Scotch Kids’ Scissors – pointed or blunt
• Avery Glue Stic/2 pack – Acid-free, photo-safe, permanent and washable
• Pentel Hi-Polymer Erasers – 3 pack
• Avery Poly Binders – 1/2” or 1” sizes
• Playskool Crayons – 24 colors
• Avery Hi-Liter Markers – Yellow or Pink
• CLi Erasers – 20 pack cap erasers or 3 pack pink
• A&W Zipper Pencil Pouch
• Mead Index Cards
• Crayola Colored Pencils – 12 count
For more information on Bartell Drugs and its locations, visit www.bartelldrugs.com.