The applications received by last week’s deadline are listed in alphabetical order, with cities of residence and occupations as described in the applicant materials:
• David Baker (Kenmore) - Mayor, City of Kenmore
• Dennis Behrend (Kenmore) - Bond agent, Lacey OMalley Agency; English teacher, Mercer Education Group, Inc.
• Tiffany Bond (Woodinville) - former Parks and Recreation Commissioner, City of Woodinville; Principal, BrandBond
• Rod Dembowski (Seattle) - Attorney, Foster Pepper PLLC
• Chris Eggen (Shoreline) - Councilmember, City of Shoreline; Analyst, Applied Physics Laboratory
• Ken Goodwin (Woodinville) - Commissioner, Woodinville Water District; member, King County Investment Pool Advisory Committee
• Will Hall (Shoreline) - Councilmember, City of Shoreline; Senior Legislative Analyst, Snohomish County Council
• Bob Ransom (Shoreline) - Commissioner, Ronald Wastewater District; former Councilmember, City of Shoreline
• Cindy Ryu (Shoreline) - State Representative, 32nd District
• Keith Scully (Shoreline) - Planning Commissioner, City of Shoreline; Attorney, Newman Du Wors
• Sarajane Siegfriedt (Seattle) – Member, King County Board of Equalization; former candidate for State Representative, 46th District
• Chuck Sloane (Seattle) - Deputy Ombudsman, King County Office of Citizen Complaints – Ombudsman; Board Chair, Municipal League of King County
• Naomi Wilson (Seattle) - Grants Specialist, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
King County Executive Dow Constantine has named the members of an advisory committee that is representative of Council District 1 to evaluate the applicants for their qualifications, their knowledge of issues currently relevant to King County and their knowledge of issues specific to people living in that district. The advisory committee will forward the names of qualified candidates to the executive.
Northshore-area members of the committee are Susan Boundy-Sanders (Woodinville): Councilmember, City of Woodinville; Vice President, Plymouth Healing Communities; Technical Writer and Project Manager, Insight Global
Sam Chung (Lake Forest Park): Attorney; Partner, Lee Anav Chung LLP
Beretta Gomillion (Kenmore): Executive Director, Center for Human Services
Dwight Thompson (Lake Forest Park): President & CEO, Rehabilitation and Evaluation Services, Inc.; former Councilmember, City of Lake Forest Park
Under state law, when the position in Council District 1 becomes vacant in January, the executive will transmit three names to the County Council for consideration. The Council has 60 days to fill the position from the date it becomes vacant.
The appointee will serve in office until certification of the next general election in November 2013. Updates to the Council vacancy process will be posted on the Executive’s home page at www.kingcounty.gov/exec.