At approximately 3 a.m. on November 3, firefighters from the City of Bothell Fire and E.M.S. responded to an automatic fire alarm located in the 19000 block of 93rd Place NE in Bothell.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the fire sprinkler system had activated and extinguished a fire while homeowners were away. The homeowners accidently left a candle burning when they left and upon returning home found the sprinkler system had already prevented the fire from spreading.
The fire code for this development required residential sprinklers and the residence would have likely sustained extensive fire damage if the sprinkler system was not installed.
The City of Bothell Fire and E.M.S. strongly urges everyone to survey their homes for hazardous conditions prior to leaving the residence unoccupied. Additionally, it is important to practice home escape routes frequently and to protect your home with properly installed and functioning smoke detectors.
For more information, call (425) 489-3364.