With the early retirement of Jeanette Greenfield on December 18, 2018, the EvergreenHealth Board of Commissioners is seeking interested candidates to serve on the Board.
As a public district health care system, EvergreenHealth is governed by a Board of Commissioners, comprised of seven members, each elected by the voters in the district to serve a six-year term. The Board provides governance and accountability for EvergreenHealth’s mission, vision and purpose, quality, service and overall effectiveness, through collaboration and counsel to the system’s CEO.
The prospective Board Commissioner should meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a resident of KCPHD #2 district
- Be a registered voter
- Be engaged in the community
- Have a track record of public and community service
- Understand and honor the role of governance
- Represent the diversity of the community
- Willing to serve 15-20 hours/month
- Willing to provide public disclosure
- Have no conflicts of interest and not employed by the District
Applications for interested residents are available at evergreenhealth.com/board.
Members of the Board of Commissioners include: Al DeYoung, board chair (Bothell/Woodinville/Duvall); Minerva Butler, secretary (at-large); Rebecca Hirt (Kirkland/Kenmore); Tim McLaughlin (Redmond/Sammamish); Charles Pilcher, M.D. (at-large); and Virgil Snyder (at-large).