Announcing the 2013 GIVE GOOD Awards Foundation awardees
Snoqualmie Valley residents lit up the red carpet on Friday night, February 28th, for the 2nd annual GIVE GOOD Awards during a magical night of recognition and celebration of everyday heroes whose stories riveted of courage, passion, determination and community dedication.
This red carpet evening was illuminated by our Valley’s finest talent in art beginning with a pre-ceremony Art Walk featuring jazz trio Tobi Stone, Dan Taylor and legendary Chris Clark.
During the awards program, nominees and guests were entertained by Ignite Dance, 17-year-old Samantha Cesmat, keynote speaker Chris Fagan of SparkFire Inc. and 3 Below Zero with a closing act featuring the Chief Kanim Middle School Jazz Band.
The evening was hosted by Master of Ceremony Mayor Matt Larson and Angela Craig, president and founder of the GIVE GOOD Awards.
Awardees were recognized in the following categories:
•ARTS:Mary Miller (North Bend)
• BUSINESS: The Irwin Group ~ Christi Irwin (Duvall)
• COURAGE: Snoqualmie Valley Relay for Life
• ENVIRONMENTAL: Erick and Wendy Haakenson ~ Jubilee Farms (Carnation)
• EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE: Mickey Fowler (Fall City)
• YOUTH ADVOCATE: Michelle Carnes and Joel Bauer (Snoqualmie)
• PARENT VOLUNTEER: Joe Richter (Snoqualmie)
• TEEN SPIRIT: Kianna Hales (Duvall)
• YOUTH LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE: Abbey Bottemiller (Snoqualmie)
• UNSUNG HERO: Rebecca Kitz (Snoqualmie)
• SPIRIT OF THE VALLEY: Kevin and Laurie Hauglie (Fall City)
Nominations for the 2015 GIVE GOOD Awards are open. Go to www.givegoodawards.org and nominate now through December 31, 2014.
For more information or to get involved, visit www.givegoodawards.org. Like GIVE GOOD on Facebook at www.facebook.com/www.givgood.org.
The GIVE GOOD Awards is an event made possible by your community support. Your volunteerism, donations and sponsorships are received with a heart-felt THANK YOU!
Foundation members appreciate everyone who participated in this year’s event and look forward to celebrating those who inspire others at the 3rd annual GIVE GOOD Awards on Friday, March 6th, 2015.