|Cedarcrest FBLA students continue to succeed|
|Written by Leanne Christensen, RSD|
|Tuesday, 10 May 2011 15:31|
The FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) chapter at Cedarcrest High School recently attended their State Leadership Conference in Spokane.
This group of high achieving, creative, impassioned students never ceases to amaze their advisor, Donna Bielstein. "I’m very proud of the students who competed at the FBLA State Business Leadership Conference. These students gave up their spring break to spend five days in Spokane competing in several events, supporting each other in their activities, and attending valuable workshops. Their dedication and commitment to their work is highly commendable."
Students in FBLA are also enrolled in various business and marketing classes at CHS, such as business law, entrepreneurship, marketing, digitools, financial planning, business math and economics.
These career and technical opportunities open doors to a variety of future careers and allow students the opportunity to compete and be successful in the high demand jobs of today’s ever-changing workforce.
Here are Cedarcrest’s FBLA results at the State Business Leadership Conference:
Top 15 and semi-finalists
• Entrepreneurship – Team of Connor Clancy, Chelsea Judd, and Kholy Xiong
• Global Business – Team of Zach Mabe and Bessie Ish
• 4th Place – Banking & Financial Systems – Team of Connor Clancy and Bessie Ish
• 4th Place – Accounting II – Connor Clancy
• 4th Place – Business Law – Zach Mabe
• 4th Place – Word Processing II – Chelsea Judd
Also, Cedarcrest High School FBLA was recognized for the following awards:
• Gold Seal Chapter Award of Merit (2nd year in a row) – Most distinguished honor for a chapter that includes such criteria as chapter membership recruitment, professional division membership recruitment, participation at conferences at regional, state and national levels, community service, school leadership and operation of two school businesses.
• Outstanding Local Chapter President – Chelsea Judd
• Outstanding Local Chapter Member – Connor Clancy
• 1st Place – Largest Professional Division Membership – West Central Region