No, you did not miss Duvall Days!
Yes, it’s usually the same weekend as the pancake breakfast but this year, it’s not.
The decision to move the date was made for several reasons, none of which really matter. The only thing that matters is… Duvall still gets to celebrate Duvall Days and…for two days this year.
• The name for one – Duvall Days will now be known as the Country Living Festival. This celebration carries on the same long-standing traditions while it honors the future of our community.
• A pie eating contest in front of Tressa’s bakery.
• The TEEN Zone which includes more activities for teens…volleyball, mechanic creeper races and hay bale tossing.
• Running of the Balls! This is a new fundraiser. The balls can be purchased for $5 each. They are available for pre-sale at various locations in town and can also be purchased on the day of the event. The balls will be rolled downhill on 1st Street from Stella. Top prize is $1,000!
• Tie Dye project in the park.
• First annual Country Classic Bike Ride on Sunday to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association.
• Social Media Campaign. Twitter will be used to promote times of events and special discounts at various vendors throughout the weekend. To participate, follow us at twitter/DuvallDivas.com.
What’s back by popular demand?
• The closing of Main Street from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Duvall Days parade
• Pony rides and the animal petting zoo, located on Valley Street behind Community Business Services.
• Yummy food from our local restaurants and assorted street vendors.
• Bouncy houses donated by Thrive Fitness!
• Chalk Art Exhibit at the north end of town featuring Dan Cautrell.
• Saturday night fireworks!
• Live music in the park from 12:30 – 10:00, including a performance from the Cascade Community Theatre.
• Volunteers to help manage the Teen Zone. Tie dye artists to help manage a tie dye project in the park.
• Artists for the chalk art on Main Street, with and without experience!
• YOU! Please attend and show your support for Duvall!
To volunteer, call Kris at (206) 550-5176 or sign up at duvalldays.org.
If you volunteer, you will be rewarded with lunch and a Du-Volunteer t-shirt!