Washington Aerospace Scholars Program provides opportunities for high school juniors interested in science, technology, engineering and math.
Summer residency sessions are held in June and July, and include:
• planning a human mission to Mars with guidance from engineers,
• competing in hands-on engineering challenges,
• touring engineering and aerospace facilities, and
• briefings from experts in space exploration, aeronautics/astronautics, and other fields.
• Student applicants must be currently juniors in high school with minimum cumulative GPAs of 3.0 (student below 3.0 GPA can apply for conditional status)
• US citizens
• Washington state residents who will be at least 16 years of age by summer 2012
Student applications are available to download at: www.museumofflight.org/WAS .
The 2011-12 student application deadline is November 4, 2011.
For additional information on the Washington Aerospace Scholars program and to download an application, visit www.museumofflight.org/WAS.