Menu

House fire in Bothell

  • Written by Northshore Fire Department
BOTHELL — On October 22 at 11:29 a.m., crews from the City of Bothell Fire and E.M.S., Shoreline Fire Department, Northshore Fire Department, and Snohomish Fire District 7 responded to a single-family residence fire located in the 22000 block of Meridian Avenue South in Bothell.

Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke and flames visible from the front side of the structure.

Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly. The fire originated in the garage and spread to the inside living area and attic space very quickly.

The official cause of the fire was determined to be an accidental overheated electrical device.

The homeowners evacuated safety out of the single story structure and called 9-1-1.  There are no injuries to report at this time.

The City of Bothell Fire and E.M.S. strongly urges everyone to practice home escape routes frequently and identify a meeting place outside.

Additionally, practice crawling low to the ground when escaping a fire. The number one killer in residential fires is smoke inhalation.

Protect your family by having several working smoke alarms installed in your home and check the batteries at least twice a year.

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to Twitter