|Disney on Ice presents Dare to Dream Invites you to donate your hair for heartwarming charity|
|Written by Woodinville Weekly Staff|
Disney On Ice is partnering with Wigs for Kids to make dreams come true!
Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream, featuring Disney’s newest princess, the long golden-haired Rapunzel from Tangled.
Disney On Ice is inviting the Puget Sound community to participate in a heartwarming hair donation campaign to benefit children suffering from medically-related hair loss.
Join them and donate your hair (at least 10 inches long — either braided or in a ponytail) to Wigs for Kids.
In appreciation for the kind-hearted gesture, each person donating hair will receive two free tickets (Tickets available while supplies last.) from Feld Entertainment to Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream playing in Everett. Donations will be accepted at participating salons from October 18 through November 6, and all donators are welcome to either get their hair cut at Absolut Hair, 7439 Beverly Blvd., Everett, or at a salon of their choice and drop off at the above salon in Everett.
Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream at the Comcast Arena in Everett from November 1st through the 4th.
When cutting hair to be donated to Wigs for Kids, please follow these simple steps:
Make sure hair is a minimum of 10-12 inches. Pull curly hair straight for a more accurate measurement.
2. Hair must be clean and dry.
3. Hair cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted. Temporary coloring or highlights that washout are acceptable.
4. Tie hair into at least four sections (six are even better) around the head for a more generous donation. Hair that is pulled into one ponytail or braid results in a loss of up to four inches of hair.
5. Make sure each ponytail or braid is tightly secured. Hair that is loosely wrapped tends to become loose when shipped, making it unusable. PLEASE be sure hair is tight and secured with several rubber bands.
6. Cut hair above rubber band.
7. Place the hair in a plastic bag or wrap it in tissue paper.