It is increasingly apparent at this time of the year that holiday traditions most often begin in the family kitchen.
To celebrate the harvest and the upcoming holidays, 21 Acres offers a variety of classes that teach old world skills that are modernized for today’s busy families.
21 Acres class offerings include:
• Raw Food Vegan: Thanksgiving; Friday, Nov. 16, 6:30 p.m.
• Bake Ahead Thanksgiving Pies; Saturday, Nov. 17, 10:30 a.m.
• Make Your Own Bacon; Saturday, November 24, 6:30 p.m.
• Holiday Wreath Making; two dates, Saturday, Dec. 1, 10 a.m. and again Saturday, Dec. 8, 1 p.m.
• Joy of Chickens; Saturday, Dec. 1, 10 a.m.
• Sustainable Cooking Series: Taste the Season Holiday Tasting Dinner; Wednesday, Dec. 5, 10:30 a.m.
• Raw Food Vegan Appetizers and Party Foods; Friday, Dec. 7, 6:30 p.m.
• Cookbook Lovers Series: Gluten-free Holiday Baking; Saturday, Dec. 8, 10:30 a.m.
Register now at 21acres.org/school. Seating is limited. Membership discounts apply.
21 Acres is located at 13701 NE 171st St., Woodinville. All 21 Acres programs focus on the areas of Growing, Eating and Living.
Click or call for more information; 21acres.org, (425) 481-1500.