|Metro Transit to operate reduced weekday schedule during holidays|
|Written by Woodinville Weekly Staff|
|Tuesday, 20 November 2012 11:26|
On several of the upcoming legal holidays, Metro will operate a Sunday schedule. The reduced weekday schedule features more bus service than on weekends, but somewhat less service than on normal weekdays. This limited schedule is estimated to save Metro about $1 million each year.
The reduced weekday schedule will be in effect on:
• Friday, Nov. 23 – day after Thanksgiving
• Monday, Dec. 24 – Christmas Eve
• Wednesday-Friday, Dec. 26-28 – winter holiday period
• Monday, Dec. 31 – New Year’s Eve
• Monday, Jan. 21 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Sunday schedules will be in effect on the following holidays:
• Thursday, Nov. 22 – Thanksgiving
• Tuesday, Dec. 25 – Christmas
• Tuesday, Jan. 1 – New Year’s Day
On days with reduced weekday schedules, some commuter and school-oriented routes do not operate, and other routes have individual trips canceled. Also, Metro makes some adjustments to routes that serve the University of Washington (UW). When the UW is not in session, there will be some bus trip reductions. An overview of all Metro holiday service is online at metro.kingcounty.gov/up/holiday-service.html. Visit Metro Online for more information, or call the customer information office at (206) 553-3000.