|Churches celebrate 100 blood drives|
|Written by Dewey Millar, Blood Drive Coordinator, Northshore Interfaith Alliance|
|Tuesday, 12 March 2013 09:24|
ShareEighteen years ago, five churches in the Cottage Lake area formed an interfaith group called the Cottage Lake Cluster of Churches.
The Cluster later expanded to nine members and was renamed the Northshore Interfaith Alliance.
Shortly after it was formed, the Cluster embarked on a community service project consisting of blood drives held at the various churches.
The drives began in June 1995 and have continued every two months since, registering a total of almost 6,000 donors.
On Tuesday, March 19 the Alliance’s 100th blood drive will take place at the Woodinville Unitarian Universalist Church (www.wuuc.org).
A celebration at the drive is planned to mark this milestone.
• Atammayatarama Buddhist Monastery
• Bear Creek United Methodist Church
• Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Church
• Congregation Kol Ami
• Cottage Lake Presbyterian Church
• Northshore United Church of Christ
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - Bothell Stake
• Wooden Cross Lutheran Church
• Woodinville Unitarian Universalist Church