|Teens invited to Be the Change Leadership Conference set for May 4|
|Written by Snoqulamie Valley Community Network|
ShareOver the last six years, the Be The Change Leadership Conference has evolved into a place for local teens (middle and high-school ages) to be inspired about making a difference.
This year’s conference will be held Saturday, May 4, from 8:30 a.m. to 3;30 p.m. at Chief Kanim Middle School in Fall City.
Youth voice and leadership are important.
The Be The Change Leadership Conference is about hearing those voices and expanding that leadership.
The speaker will be Nigel Wrangham, a nationally recognized innovator on the topics of leadership, community organizing and prevention.
He will be accompanied by several trained youth co-facilitators and other adult presenters from the local community to address this year’s youth selected topics:
• Media and you
• You and your brain
• Stress management and dealing with depression
• Healthy relationships — domestic violence, date rape, sexuality
• Dazed and confused — substance abuse — alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs and other drugs.
• Show me the money — Financial responsibility
• Live it up! Don’t give it up! — suicide prevention
• Police response to particular situations, driving and texting, careers in law enforcement
For more details and registration, visit http://bethechange2013.eventbrite.com.