|Chateau Ste. Michelle announces 2013 Summer Concert Series|
|Written by Woodinville Weekly Staff|
Chateau Ste. Michelle winery in Woodinville will kick off its 30th summer concert series on Saturday, June 15, with a live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion featuring Garrison Keillor.
Tickets for the winery’s concerts went on sale Saturday, April 27 online at www.ticketmaster.com and through all Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets may also be purchased in person at the Chateau Ste. Michelle wine shop from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
The “2013 Chateau Ste. Michelle Summer Concert Series” will offer 14 concerts spanning the range of pop, jazz, rock and blues from June 15 through August 25. Each concert takes place in the winery’s outdoor amphitheater with seating for 4,300.
Acclaimed artists include: Steve Miller Band, Pat Benatar with Neil Giraldo and Berlin with Teri Nunn, Chris Botti, Counting Crows with very special guest The Wallflowers, David Byrne & St. Vincent, Chateau Ste. Michelle Festival of Jazz featuring Sax and the City, Peter White, David Benoit, David Pack, and BWB, Gipsy Kings, Harry Connick, Jr., Chris Isaak and 1964: The Tribute.
Net proceeds from the annual concert series help fund Chateau Ste.Michelle’s charitable contributions program, which supports a broad range of non-profit organizations.
In 2012, Chateau Ste. Michelle’s charitable contributions program benefited nearly 700 non-profit organizations.
All shows feature general festival seating on the lawn, as well as reserved seating. Performances take place regardless of weather.
The Chateau Ste. Michelle wine shop is open before all concerts with wine and picnic items available for purchase.
In addition, an array of food vendors will offer a selection of menu items for sale in the amphitheater.
Concert-goers may also bring their own picnic baskets and non-alcoholic beverages. (The Washington State Liquor Control Board requires that all alcoholic beverages consumed on the winery grounds be purchased at thewinery.)
Chateau Ste. Michelle is located at 14111 145th Street N.E. in Woodinville.
For more information or directions, visit ste-michelle.com.
• A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor live broadcast, Saturday, June 15, 2:45 p.m. $39.00 GA / $65.00 Res; www.prairiehome.publicradio.org
• Steve Miller Band, Saturday, June 29, 7 p.m. $49.00 GA / $89.00 Res; www.stevemillerband.com
• Girls Night Out! Pat Benatar with Neil Giraldo and Berlin with Teri Nunn, Sunday, July 7, 7 p.m. $45.00 GA / $65.00 Res; www.benatargiraldo.com, www.berlinpage.com
• Chris Botti, Saturday, July 13, 7 p.m. $39.50 GA / $49.50 Res; www.chrisbotti.com
• Counting Crows with The Wallflowers, Monday, July 15, 6:30 p.m. $56.00 GA / $90.50 Res; www.countingcrows.com, www.thewallflowers.com
• David Byrne & St. Vincent, Thursday, July 18, 7 p.m. $55.00 GA / $75.00 Res; www.lovethisgiant.com
• Chateau Ste. Michelle Festival of Jazz featuring Sax and the City, Peter White, David Benoit, David Pack, and BWB, Saturday, July 27, 4 p.m. $40.00 GA / $60.00 Res; marionmeadows.com, vincentingala.com, rickbraun.com, kirkwhalum.com, normanbrown.com, peterwhite.com, benoit.com, davidpack.com
• Gipsy Kings, Sunday, July 28, 7 p.m. $39.50 GA / $69.50 Res; www.gipsykings.com
• Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, Friday, August 2, 7 p.m. $47.50 GA / $77.50 Res; www.lylelovett.com
• Gladys Knight & The O’Jays: Family Reunion, Thursday, August 8, 7 p.m. $49.50 GA / $79.50 Res; www.gladysknight.com, www.theojayshomepage.com
• Harry Connick, Jr., Friday, August 9, 7:30 p.m., Saturday, August 10, 7:30 p.m. $57.50 GA / $99.50 Res; www.harryconnickjr.com
Chris Isaak, Saturday, August 24, 7 p.m. $45.00 GA / $69.50 Res; www.chrisisaak.com
1964: The Tribute “Best Beatles Tribute Show in the World!” Rolling Stone Magazine, Sunday, August 25, 7 p.m. $20.00 GA www.1964site.com
View 2013 Summer Concert Series schedule online:www.ste-michelle.com/events/concertCalendar.