The 14th annual Tour of Gardens, presented by the Woodinville Garden Club, Saturday, July 20, features a mix of formal and informal styles that reflect not only the architectural character of the homes they grace, but the personalities of their owners.
You’ll find plenty of ideas in the plant materials, landscape designs, entertainment areas and artwork seen in these properties to bring inspiration to your own garden spaces.
The experience does not end with visits to five gardens: Be sure to end your day at Molbak’s for our After-Tour Reception.
Your ticket is your admission to the reception, where you may consult with a renowned local garden author, visit the displays of “Hot Plants” plants chosen from the gardens, and sip wine from sponsor Brian Carter Cellars, with snacks from sponsor Top Foods.
Molbak’s has been our major sponsor since the Tour’s inception. They also provide us with ticket sales, a reception venue, gift cards for the drawing, and for your temptation, a 25-percent-off coupon in the ticket brochure.
At the reception, there will be a drawing for 11 prizes generously provided by community supporters. Tickets for the drawing are available at all five gardens, as well as at Molbak’s reception area.
This is where you can begin to fulfill the inspirations from the gardens:
- Add to your home décor with the original signed artwork by Jannelle Loewen used for our tour poster.
- Get away and recuperate from a season of gardening with a one night accommodation for two at the Willows Lodge in Woodinville.
- Finally take care of those annoying tree issues with one hour of tree services, including pruning, removal or stump grinding, from Tree Country LLC.
- Spread (or share) four yards of mulch from deJong Sawdust & Shavings, delivered.
- Gain a new perspective for your garden with a one hour landscape consultation with Certified Professional Horticulturist Joanie Clarke.
- Shop for your own garden and home with a $50 gift card from Molbak’s.
- Celebrate a beautiful experience in Woodinville with a $25 gift card from Purple Café.
The Woodinville Weekly has been a long-time major supporter of the Tour of Gardens, providing us with column space and advertising. New this year is a third major sponsor, Butler&Butler Real Estate. We are grateful for the support of our major sponsors. Their financial support and contributions to the tour are greatly appreciated and allow us to fund our ongoing civic programs and special projects.
The Woodinville Garden Club’s 14th annual Tour of Gardens will be held on Saturday, July 20, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This self-drive tour features five stunning private gardens in the Woodinville area. Tickets are $20 per person and can be purchased online at http://woodinvillegardenclub.org/how-purchase-tickets.
Tickets purchased after July 12 will be available at the first garden on the tour: 16724 NE 138th Court, Woodinville. Tickets will also be available for sale at all gardens on the day of the tour.
Tickets are also available at Molbak’s, Classic Nursery (Woodinville), Boxhill Farm Nursery (Duvall), Wells Medina Nursery (Medina) and Ravenna Gardens (Seattle). Your ticket is a brochure that includes garden descriptions and driving directions to all the properties.