World AIDS Day events scheduled Friday
The North Puget Sound AIDS Foundation and the Snohomish County HIV/AIDS Consortium invites the community to participate in the eighth annual observance of World AIDS Day on Friday, Dec. 1.
The theme of this year's event is "Shared Rights, Shared Responsibilities." The observance honors all family members, caregivers and others who assist those with the disease.
Scheduled activities include a candlelight vigil walk from the Snohomish Health District at 5:00 p.m. and the World AIDS Day Program at Snohomish County American Red Cross, 2530 Lombard Ave., Everett, at 5:30 p.m.
Donations of grooming items, a pair of sweats, and non-perishable food items are requested.
Goals of World AIDS Day include:
For more information, call (360) 659-8045.
- Strengthening the Snohomish County effort to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS by encouraging commitment among individuals and communities;
- Supporting HIV/AIDS prevention and related programs;
- Recognizing that education is the most effective form of prevention;
- Directing community leaders, parents and educators to promote safer sex in their prevention efforts;
- Helping foster empathetic and respectful attitudes towards people living with HIV/AIDS;
- Promoting support and care for all people with HIV/AIDS, their families and friends;
- Emphasizing that families are essential in providing support and stability for their members.