Local News

Some landowners eligible for forest assessment refund

assessment refund Washington landowners of unimproved or forested property may be eligible for a partial refund of a small, annual Forest Protection Assessment (FPA) if they own two or more parcels in the same county and paid an assessment on each one in the current tax year.
   Landowners have until Dec. 31, 1995, to submit an application for a refund, which may only apply to assessments paid for the current tax year.
   Refund forms are available at local county assessor/treasurer offices or from a DNR region office.