Local News

Maltby Cafe evacuated after suspected gas leak

Susan Nelson

Susan Nelson, former reporter for the Woodinville Weekly, finishes her lunch in the parking lot after the restaurant was evacuated.
Photo by Joan Soltys/Woodinville Weekly.

gas leak A suspected natural gas leak evacuated 35 guests and staff from the Maltby Cafe just after 1 p.m. on Mar. 19. Washington Natural Gas and fire and aid units from Sno County Fire District 7 responded to the call and found the odor was coming from a bleeder valve on the dry sprinkler system. No injuries were reported, though one woman was examined at the scene and released.