Susan Nelson, former reporter for the Woodinville Weekly, finishes her lunch in the parking lot after the restaurant was evacuated.
Photo by Joan Soltys/Woodinville Weekly.
A suspected natural gas leak evacuated 35 guests and staff from the Maltby Cafe just after 1 p.m. on Mar. 19. Washington Natural Gas and fire and aid units from Sno County Fire District 7 responded to the call and found the odor was coming from a bleeder valve on the dry sprinkler system. No injuries were reported, though one woman was examined at the scene and released.