Northshore School District receives state award
Judith Billings, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, recently announced that the Northshore School District has been selected by School Match as a recipient of the fifth annual "What Parents Want" Award.
Northshore is one of 35 districts in Washington State named as a district "making noteworthy efforts to meet the needs of the clientele they serve."
School districts that closely provide what parents consistently say they want in public education are eligible for the award. Actual winners must meet all seven criteria at the 80% level or above.
Compilation of more than 33,000 parent questionnaires completed by School Match clients reveal parents most often look for school systems that are:
- competitive in academic test scores;
- accredited, recognized for excellence by a national foundation or by the U.S. Department of Education;
- above average in teacher salaries;
- above average in instructional expenditures;
- above average in expenditures for library/media services;
- known for small class size.