Honoring mom on her day
Ideas for honoring mom include:
- Woodinville Lions Club will serve breakfast May 12 free to mothers and daughters from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Mountain View Community Center, 19008 168th NE. Other adults are $2.50 and children under 12 are $2.
- Remlinger Farms in Carnation will hold their 12th annual Mother's Day Fuchsia Basket Give-A-Way May 11. Every hour on the hour from 11 a.m. through 4 p.m., a name will be drawn from the entries deposited in the nursery/garden shop during the preceding hour. The winner will receive a blooming 10-inch fuchsia basket. Customers do not need to be present to win. Call 451-8740.
- Treat your mother to a brunch or dinner accompanied by a cruise aboard the Spirit of Puget Sound. Call 443-1442.
- In an effort to promote breast health awareness, the Regional Breast Care Coalition suggest that Mother's Day gifts be in the form of a mammogram rather than flowers. For nearby mammography facilities, call 1-800-4-CANCER.
- Show Mom how much you care about her health and her life by joining the Evergreen Community Health Care's "Friends for Life" program together. Call 899-1881.