The Edwards Agency

Local News

Water heater for indoor pool determined culprit in two deaths

accidental deaths by Jeff Switzer
WOODINVILLE--The water heater which heated their indoor lap pool has been determined by King County Police to be the source of the carbon monoxide which killed a couple in their bedroom on Aug. 29, and police have preliminarily determined their deaths to be accidental.
   Laura Michelle Montani, a 39-year-old female and Lloyd Wilbur Brown, her 50-year-old husband, were found dead in their upstairs bedroom by a real estate agent showing the home at 17106 232nd Ave. NE off of the Old Woodinville-Duvall Road.
   The couple's two dachshunds were unharmed by the gas and police are working to determine why the heater was producing the gas.
   The home was the site where on Sept. 29, 1995, Bernice Jones shot and killed her husband, Armstead U. Jones. She was sentenced to 10 years in May.
   Just down the road was where Randy Roth lived, who was sentenced to 50 years in 1994 in the drowning death of his wife in Lake Sammamish.