Falcon football awards announced
(Left to right) Woodinville High School football players Brian Kertson, Brigham Tomco, Pat Conniff, and Marques Tuiasosopo won awards at the Falcon football banquet. Head Coach Terry Agnew (right) was named coach of the year.
The Woodinville Falcons Football Team Banquet and Awards Celebration Night took place Dec. 17 at the Northshore Baptist Church.
Several players and a coach from the 1996 squad had been already recognized by major newspapers for their achievements. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer named Marques Tuiasosopo their State Player of the Year and a first team AAA defensive back. Brian Kertson and Brigham Tomco were named first team AAA defensive lineman and linebacker, respectively. Terry Agnew was named Seattle Times Coach of the Year.
Team awards given out at the banquet were:
The 1996 Woodinville Falcons shattered Kingco Conference offensive records all season:
- Most improved, Aaron Erickson
- Inspirational Award, Pat Conniff
- Best Offensive Back, Pat Conniff
- Best Offensive Linemen, Nate Lubekin and Brian Kertson
- Defensive Back, Blair MacIntosh
- Defensive Lineman, Brian Kertson
- Outstanding Linebacker, Brigham Tomco
- Special Teams Award, Joshua Tobin
- Academic Award: Scholar Athlete, Rodney Anderson
- Coaches Award: Most Coachable; Barret Hanson and Brian Kertson
- Most Valuable Player: Marques Tuiasosopo
The defense shut out their opponents over a five-game span, allowing not a single point. The team was ranked as high as #1 in state, and #24 in a USA Today poll.
- Kingco Record--Most points in a season: 364
- Kingco Record--Most points in a game: 71
- Kingco Record--Most rushing yards in a season: 3,177
- Kingco Record--Most yards in a season: 3,853
Conniff has committed to attending UW. Tuiasosopo is looking at UW, UCLA, and Notre Dame.