More home & garden
White House serves Ste. Michelle Merlot
A Chateau Ste. Michelle Merlot was purchased by the White House for a special holiday dinner that was held on Dec. 21. The 1994 Indian Wells Merlot is the third release of the highly acclaimed varietal. The wine debuted with the 1991 vintage, which syndicated wine columnist Richard Nalley ranked #1 in a review of the Top Ten American Merlots.
Aerobics offered for non-YMCA members
Program Aerobics are now available for non-Northshore YMCA members. Participants pay $20 per year for a program membership and purchase an Aerobic Class Punch Card for $48. The punch card is good for 12 classes and expires 90 days from date of purchase. Call 485-9797 for more information.
Keep the cold out of the house
Simple and inexpensive energy savers for this winter and for many cold seasons to come:
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Seal and heavily insulate the attic floor.
- Insulate your hot water heater and the pipes that lead to and from it.
- Make sure your heating system is operating at top efficiency.
- Caulk and weather strip around windows and doors.
- Make sure the damper to the fireplace is tight fitting and closed when not in use.
Plants for sale
Cutting and poants are available for sale to the public every Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon at the Patricia Calvert Greenhouse at Washington Park Arboretum. Call 325-4510.
For a free comprehensive guide to the syptoms and treatment of sinusitis, call 212-246-0540.
The 1997 Winter Recreation Guide by the City of Shoreline's Parks is available. Call 546-5041.