JANUARY 6, 1997
Job readiness training offered
Operation Improvement (O.I.) has been contracted by DSHS to provide job-readiness training for 20 public assistance recipients in the Sky Valley area. Set to begin in January, 1997, the workshop program will help participants learn job-search skills necessary to compete in the current labor market. The curriculum centers on job readiness, pre-employment skills, and workplace skills tied to 10 basic competencies:
Sessions will be held at Monroe High School and the Sky Valley Community Support Center, where O.I. currently provides career training to disadvantaged youth and adults with funding from the Private Industry Council and the Whitehorse Foundation.
- Identification of a career goal;
- Potential employers and appropriate job titles;
- Accurate application completion;
- Success in mock interviews;
- Resumes and cover letters;
- Workplace attitude;
- Behavior and attendance
- Appropriate appearance; and
- Completion of all workshop assignments.