JANUARY 6, 1997
Snow, rain wreak havoc on local buildings
From Woodinville to Kenmore, Northshore buildings collapsed under the weight of as much as two feet of snow, followed by flooding which closed many area thoroughfares.
Included in the weather's work:
Some area roadways were closed due to flooding:
- Kenmore Schuck's Auto Supply.
- Total collapse of the Gold Creek Equestrian Arena.
- C.O. Sorenson Elementary, five classrooms damaged.
- Roof damage to Walter's Feed Mill in Bothell, though the giant bulge remains intact.
- 43 carports in Woodinville's Canterbury Square, as well as many apartment carports and mobile home parks for miles.
- Limited collapse of the interior ceiling at the Kingsgate Safeway and JoAnne Fabrics.
- Major leak and roof concerns at Kingsgate 7-11.
- Leak and collapse worries at downtown Woodinville AM-PM.
- Temporary evacuation of Stock Market in Woodinville.
- 228th Street SE in Canyon Park.
- Many cross-streets west of 73rd Avenue NE in Kenmore.
- 140th and 148th Avenues NE in Woodinville.
- NE 178th Street in Woodinville.
- NE 165th Street near Cottage Lake.
- Wood-Red Road north of Columbia Winery.
- SR-522 from 131st to 195th.
- Intersection of Bear Creek Road and Mink Road, with one house flooded.
- Avondale Rd. at NE 155th Street.