JANUARY 13, 1997
Molbak's celebrates midwinter
Molbak's has announced its first tribute to the winter season during the month of January. The Midwinter Celebration will feature seminars, events, displays, and demonstrations, most of which are free, that will offer ideas for everyone from the serious gardener to home enthusiasts.
For more information, call Molbak's at 483-5000.
- Dynamic Interior Trends will be offered Jan. 17 at 7 p.m. Ken Charbonneau of Benjamin Moore Paints will use 14 color palettes to help refresh homes with new colors, fabrics, and textures.
- Join photographer Sandra Lee Reha of Nature's Elegance Gallery for the Art of Photographing Plants, Flowers, and Gardens Jan. 24 at 7 p.m.
- Learn Pruning Practices from expert Ciscoe Morris Jan. 25 at 9 a.m.
- Year-Round Fragrance in the Garden is planned for Jan. 31 at 7 p.m.
- Enjoy special pampering Jan. 17-19 at the Personal Indulgences event, featuring bath and personal care products.
- Learn about new and unusual houseplants for northwest homes and terrariums Jan. 18.
- Pruning, watering, and pest control will be covered Jan. 19.
- Care of Orchids will be presented Jan. 25.
- Flowering Plants for Indoor Enjoyment is planned for Jan. 26. Times for all the indoor plant demonstrations are noon to 2 p.m.
- In the Tooling Up for Spring events, participants will learn from the pros how to select the proper tools. Times are noon to 3 p.m.
- Corona pruners will be featured Jan. 18 and 19.
- Garden Tools of Maine hand tools will be demonstrated Jan. 25 and 26.