FEBRUARY 3, 1997
Woodinville Fire & Life Safety District: An agenda for today
by Chief Steve Smith and Board Chairman Ben May
As the new year begins, Woodinville Fire and Life Safety District embarks on the creation of its strategic plan, which will set the direction of the department for the next two to five years. The customer-centered strategic planning process used to formulate this plan was specifically selected as the best method for reflecting the fire district's vision.
Working with the city of Woodinville, our citizens, local public institutions, and business community, the fire district will endeavor to further define the needs and key issues of our customers.
Part of our vision is to better prepare our citizens for the unforeseen through disaster preparedness and public education. More focus will be given to specific at-risk groups and to increase our prevention and mitigation strategies to ensure that all of our customers are as prepared as possible.
The foundation set to accomplish these goals include:
Those interested in the strategic planning are invited to the next committee meeting. It will be held Thursday, Feb. 6, 3 p.m., at our headquarters station 31, 19900 144th Avenue NE. A time will be set aside for audience input on the subject.
- Organizational trust, pride, and commitment.
- Improved communications with the city of Woodinville.
- Professionalism demonstrated by personal leadership and competency.
- Teamwork, which reflects our commitment to respect the diversity of our members and community.
- Ensuring the community has a forum for public participation.