FEBRUARY 17, 1997
Woodinville brings back the bassets
All Fools Day Parade in its 20th year
Mark your calendars. The Celebrate Woodinville/All Fool's Day Parade & Basset Bash are only a month away, and rain or shine, the ever-growing event is due to draw thousands to Woodinville on Mar. 29.
The event marks 20 years of the All Fool's Day parade, the fourth year of cityhood, and 14 years of the Basset Bash and Brigade. Other events include the Farmers Market, a Children's Activity and Resource Fair, and a teen dance.
Work has already started, and volunteers and participants are now needed. Here's a list of events and contact numbers for those interested:
- Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast: Glenda Mitchell, 483-6466.
- Parade Registration: Glen Kelly, 483-1718.
- W.U.U.C.'s Pancake Breakfast: Monika Gold-Schofer, 483-2215.
- Farmers Market: Grant Davidson, 485-1042.
- Visitor Information Center Opening Day: Brenda Vanderloop, 481-8300.
- Children's Activity & Resource Fair: Bob Milton, 487-0347; Catherine Howard, 481-6959.
- Children's Activities & Musical Entertainment: Leslie Spagnola, 282-2656.
- City's Fourth Anniversary Cake Cutting: Marie Stake, City, 489-2700.
- Basset Bash: Patti and Gary Greene, 788-2211.
- Lion's Club Easter Egg Hunt: Lowell Powers, 483-0106.
- Children's Concert: Lane Youngblood, City, 489-2700.
- Teen Dance: Marita Colburn, YMCA, 485-9797.