MARCH 24, 1997 : your home town on the world wide web

Home & Garden

Help with heating bills available

heating bills The Multi-Service Centers of North and East King County can help with heating bills. Low-income residents of the Snoqualmie Valley can get financial help to pay their heating bills through the Multi-Service Centers by calling 869-6027.
   The phone line is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Those who call will be given an appointment for an interview to determine their eligibility for a grant provided through the federally funded Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
   Applicants must be over 18 and are required to bring the following to the interview: Social Security number, documentation of income for the prior three months, a recent home-heating bill from their primary heat source, and documentation of their home address.
   Residents of subsidized housing also must bring documentation of the heat allowance they receive from the King County Housing Authority. A shut-off notice from a utility or heating company is not required for assistance.