APRIL 28, 1997
Chateau Ste. Michelle Summer Concert Series
Jazz, folk and contemporary music will be featured this summer at Chateau Ste. Michelle's 1997 "Summer on the Green" in Woodinville. Tickets are on sale now for all the concerts.
Kenny G, Chris Issak, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and a live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion, the nationally syndicated radio program hosted by Garrison Keillor, are among the top attractions in the series that begins June 6. The Seattle Symphony will conclude the series September 13.
The popular series, now in its 14th year, is held outside, rain or shine, in the winery's amphitheatre. In recent years, the stage has been expanded, and advanced lighting and audio improvements have been completed.
"Wine and art share a common bond, from the creative expression used to develop the product to the social and aesthetic enjoyment of the end form. The concert series is our way of giving a large number of people the opportunity to experience the educational benefits, the beauty, and the sheer pleasure of music that is unique to these art forms," said Allen Shoup, president of Chateau Ste. Michelle.
The series includes:
Tickets for the series are on sale at all Ticketmaster Northwest outlets or can be charged by phone at 206-628-0888. Tickets are available at the Chateau Ste. Michelle wine shop daily from 10-5. For up-to-date information, ticket buyers can call the winery's visitor information line at 425-488-3300. For more information, call 488-1133.
- The Gipsy Kings, June 6, 7 p.m.
- Kenny G., June 7 & 8, 7 p.m.
- Chris Isaak, June 21 & 22, 7 p.m.
- KUOW presents A Prairie Home Companion live broadcast with Garrison Keillor, June 28, 2:45 p.m.
- Mary Chapin Carpenter, July 1, 7 p.m.
- The Bellevue Philharmonic Orchestra (with fireworks), July 4, 7 p.m.
- Natalie Cole accompanied by a 32-piece symphony orchestra, July 5, 7 p.m.
- Ottmar Liebert with Luna Negra X and a 9-piece rumba band, July 12, 7 p.m.
- Daryl Hall and John Oates, July 27, 7 p.m.
- Chistopher Cross, Karla Bonoff, and Livingston Taylor, Aug. 2, 7 p.m.
- Richard Elliot, Peter White, Rick Braun, and Craig Chaquico, Aug.16, 7 p.m.
- Tom Jones, Aug. 31, 7 p.m.
- David Sanborn, Earl Klugh, and Joe Sample, Sept. 1, 4 p.m.
- Chicago, Sept. 6, 7 p.m.
- The Seattle Symphony with Gerard Schwartz conducting, Sept. 13, 7 p.m.