MAY 5, 1997
Special gifts for Mother's Day
by Sandra Wilson, author of Giving the Perfect Gift
When you've decided what to do, let her know why you chose what you did for her.
- Make a scrapbook of all the things that remind you of her as a woman and as a mother. Find the pictures in magazines, catalogues, posters, greeting cards, etc. Add comments, stickers, decorations, etc.
- Gift her with your time and your enthusiastic energy by being her slave for a day.
- If your mother enjoys going places, give her a ticket or a pair of tickets to an event.
- If your mother is a continual learner and/or has a wide range of interests, present her with tuition to a class.
- One thing is for certain: your mother eats. Give her a great quantity of her favorite food.
- Most mothers enjoy photographs. Perhaps a happy one of the two of you.
- If your mother always likes to have people around, then come up with an activity to share her day with her.
- If you are a college student, write in a journal regularly, then send it to her to let her know that you have been thinking about her. This gift gets points for being thoughtful, memorable, and inexpensive.