JUNE 9, 1997
W.A.R.T. coming soon to Northshore
The City of Woodinville and METRO have created W.A.R.T.--Woodinville Area Recreation Transit--to provide transportation for Northshore-area youth to and from various summer recreation activities and facilities within the Woodinville and Bothell area.
"We're excited to offer a recreational shuttle because we get a lot of feedback that teens don't have anything to do. This fills that need," Woodinville Community Services Coordinator Marie Stake said.
"The best part is we pulled this off in a month," Stake said, speaking of the unique transportation partnership which includes the city, parks department, Northshore School District, and Metro. "It's really rewarding seeing this come together."
From June 23rd to Aug. 30th, W.A.R.T. will operate from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to noon on Saturday, with designated drop-off/pick-up sites at:
W.A.R.T. is a cooperative community effort linking Northshore area youth with recreation activities, parks, trails, and libraries. Informational brochures and schedules will be available after June 15, at Woodinville (489-2700) and Bothell city halls (486-3256) and libraries, or upon request. For help planning your trip, call METRO rider information at 553-3000.
- Woodmoor Elementary School: (no public programs) pick-up site.
- Hollywood Hill Elementary School: (no public programs) pick-up site.
- Woodin Creek Park: (formerly Waterford Park) has tennis courts and access to Burke Gilman Trail, 131st St., Woodinville. Open all day. (Contact: Woodinville Parks & Recreation Department, 489-2700, ext. 292.)
- C.O. Sorenson School, Northshore YMCA pool: 13202 NE 175th Street, Woodinville. (Contact: Northshore YMCA at Sorenson: 489-6378.)
- Cottage Lake Park: Woodinville. (Contact: King County Parks, 296-2999.)
- Woodinville Library: 17105 Avondale Road, Woodinville (788-0733). Call library for hours of operation and programs.
- The Playground: 21330 State Route 9, Woodinville (Contact: 481-6468). Free in-line hockey July 8-August 26th, Tuesdays only.
- Woodinville High School: 19819 136th Ave., Woodinville. (Contact Woodinville Parks & Recreation, 489-2700, ext. 292 for program information.)
- Northshore YMCA: 11811 NE 195th Street, Bothell (Contact: 485-9797). Call for program times.
- King County Ruiz Costie Pool: Northshore Pool (Contact: King County Parks & Recreation/Aquatics, 296-4333.).
- Bothell Regional Library: 18215 98th Ave NE, Bothell (486-7811). Call library for hours of operation and programs.