JUNE 30, 1997
Fourth of July celebrations
3rd Annual City of Woodinville Fourth of July Fireworks Show
Enjoy Fourth of July fireworks in the Sammamish Valley and Lower Snoqualmie Valley. In Woodinville, take the shuttle to the JB Instant Lawn grounds. Bring your blankets, lawn chairs, and picnics. Cars parking on the shoulders will be towed away.
Sponsors: Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery, Columbia Winery, Redhook Ale Brewery, King County METRO Transit, Classic KING-FM (98.1), JB Instant Lawn, and Sno-King Waste Management.
Location: JB Instant Lawn, 1 mile south of downtown Woodinville on State Route 202 (NE 145th St.). Gates open at 6 p.m., fireworks at 10:30 p.m. The 20-minute fireworks show will be choreographed to Classic KING-FM musical selections.
Free METRO bus available between downtown Woodinville and event site from 6:00 p.m. to midnight. Catch the shuttle at Woodinville METRO Park & Ride on 140th Ave NE or on stops along NE 175th Street in downtown Woodinville. Shuttles will also operate from the Northshore Junior High and Woodmoor Elementary Schools on NE 160th Street near I-405.
Shuttle service will be available from the Bellevue Philharmonic Orchestra Concert at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery at 7 p.m. Enjoy patriotic music by American composers and a variety of show tunes. Tickets are $5 per person, 12 & under are free. Tickets available through BPO at (425) 455-4171 or Ticketmaster Northwest at (206) 628-0888.
Children's activities from 7 to 10 p.m. include fitness challenges, entertainment, and crafts. The Teen Northshore Golf Challenge will benefit teen programming.
Bring picnic baskets, blankets, and flashlights to the parklike setting. Pets, personal fireworks, barbeques, and alcohol are not permitted. Bicycle racks are provided; bring a lock and bike lights.
For questions, directions, or disabled parking availability, contact Woodinville Parks & Recreation Department at 489-2700.
Thursday, July 3
Friday, July 4
- 7 p.m.-10 p.m.: Street Dance, 101st & Main, Bothell. Featuring Cheryl Arnold & the Blue Mariah.
- 11:45 a.m.: Bothell Children's Parade.
- Noon: 4th of July Parade, Main Street, Bothell; Grand Marshal--Peg Dowd.
- 1:30 p.m.: Music by Sammamish Sublimination Band, Park at Bothell Landing.
- 2 p.m.: Northshore Community Choir, Park at Bothell Landing
- 2:30 p.m.: Reenactment of the Battles of Lexington and Concord, Park at Bothell Landing.
- 6 p.m.: Grounds open for 3rd Annual Woodinville 4th of July Fireworks, JB Sod Farm, SR-202 (NE 145th, next to Chateau Ste. Michelle).
- 10 p.m.-12 a.m.: SR-202 closed between Sammamish River and Columbia Winery.
- 10:30 p.m.: Woodinville Fireworks Display.
City of Bothell fireworks guidelines
For futher information, contact Cathleen Wiggins, Bothell Fire & E.M.S., 486-1687.
- The sale of fireworks to persons under eighteen years of age is prohibited.
- It is unlawful for any person under the age of eighteen to discharge fireworks except under the direct supervision of a competent adult.
- The discharge of fireworks within the city limits shall occur on July 4th between the hours of 9 a.m. and 11p.m. only.
- The discharge of fireworks upon any city or publicly owned park is prohibited.
- Only class C, common fireworks, are allowed to be discharged. This does not include such devices as firecrackers, salutes, chasers, skyrockets, and missile-type rockets.