woodinville.com : your home town on the world wide web

December 22, 1997

Local News

Christmas tree catches fire, damages house

  BOTHELL--A Christmas tree placed to close to a baseboard heater may be to blame for a house fire in the 23300 block of 15th Ave. S.E. of Bothell last Friday afternoon. The downstairs of the two-story wood-frame home east of Canyon Park was gutted while the upstairs suffered smoke and flame damage. Preliminary estimates place damage at $80,000 for structure and $20,000 for contents. "It's a sad ordeal for the family," said a Bothell fire official. The Red Cross has put the family up at a hotel. A cause has yet to be determined.