May 18, 1998
A string of vehicle-related crimes hit Woodinville the night of May 12.
* At the Woodland Hills apartment in the 14200 block of N.E. 171st, unknown suspects jacked up a 1997 Honda Accord and stole all four custom chrome plated wheels and tires, as well as a stereo. Loss was estimated at $2,500.
* A 1989 Honda Civic was broken into and ransacked. Though nothing was taken, damages were thought to be $250.
* A 1997 VW Golf was entered and an Alpine am/fm stereo worth $400 was stolen.
* Someone broke into a 1992 Honda Accord at the Waterford Apartments and stole $48 worth of Chinese-language CDs.
Police called the apartment blocks a "one-stop shopping mall" for thieves.
* About $300 worth of copper tubing was stolen from a construction area at the Hawthorne townhome development in the 15400 block of 132nd Ave. N.E. May 11 or 12.
* Someone took saws and a lawnmower valued at $648 from the carport of a residence in the 14800 block of N.E. 185th St. May 10 or 11.
* A "Crates child's western" saddle as well as halters and other tack were stolen from the garage of a residence in the 20050 block of 166th Ave. N.E. between May 3 and 11. Loss was estimated at $890.
* A self-propelled Toro lawnmower worth $500 was taken from an unlocked garage at a home in the 16200 block of N.E. 180th St. May 9 or 10. No other property was disturbed.
* Someone took $490 in tools from an unlocked workshed in the 16600 block of N.E. 180th Pl. Between May 4 and 9, a drill, chainsaw and bandsaw were stolen.