May 25, 1998
* A 13-year-old Woodinville boy may be charged with reckless endangerment after he allegedly hit a King County Sheriff's Deputy with a water balloon. The officer, wearing a bike patrol uniform, was bicycle training with firefighters on the Sammamish Valley Trail near the Waterford Apartments May 17 when the suspect threw a balloon that caused the officer to fall from his bike and strike an oncoming bicyclist. The officer sustained cuts and abrasions to his leg, and the other trail user suffered bruises. Both bikes were damaged.
* A Snohomish man shopping at Woodinville Pawn Shop May 18 recognized a $100 micrometer that he reported stolen some time earlier. The tool was being held as evidence.
* A 13 or 14-year-old Woodinville-area boy is suspected of stealing a binder of 300 to 350 'Magic the Gathering' trading cards worth $2,000 from Games Plus May 16.
* Someone pried open a dispenser at the Splash and Dash Car Wash May 14 or 15 and stole $30 in coins. The dispenser received an estimated $500 in damage.
* A retired Canterbury Square man claims a 78-year-old male resident there assaulted him at a meeting March 5. The victim says the man began swinging at him when he refused to sit down. A tooth in his lower dental plate was broken, costing him $1,780. But the suspect denies the assault, and instead, claims he was knocked down by the victim after being struck in the head.
* A woman found green vegetable matter in her 14-year-old son's room May 17 and reported it to police. Police field tested the matter and found it to be marijuana.