Northwest NEWS

June 8, 1998

Valley Special

Smoke routs students from Cedarcrest

   by Lisa Allen
   Valley View Editor



   DUVALL--Cedarcrest High School students enjoyed early dismissal last Thursday when a heat pump motor burned out, sending smoke through the ventilating system. The alarm, occurring just after 8:30 a.m., sent students and teachers out of the building. The students were sent home between 10 and 10:30 a.m., according to Dr. Jack Ernst, Riverview Superintendent.
  
   "We made the decision to send the students home because we weren't sure that it wasn't really a fire," he said. "It took awhile to find out what actually happened." The heat pump was in a ceiling near the weight room, he said. Students were back in their classes on Friday.