July 6, 1998
AT THE LIBRARY
- Woodinville Library presents Joan Burton, author of Best Hikes with Children in Western Washington and the Cascades, on July 7 at 7 p.m.
- Creative Crafts: Beading - Learn how easy it is to make your own jewelry on July 8 at 1 p.m.
- Pacific Northwest Nature in Watercolor - Artist Molly Hashimoto helps you create small-scale works of art taken from Northwest nature on July 13 at 1 p.m.
- From the Streets of Shakespeare to the Court of Elizabeth - Actress and historian Tames Alan takes you back to the time of Shakespeare on July 14 at 7 p.m.
- Creative Crafts: Rubber Stamp Art - Bring a plain light-colored T-shirt to decorate on July 15 at 1 p.m.
- Thumbelina - The Oregon Shadow Puppet Theatre presents Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale of a miniature girl born from a flower on July 16 at 3 p.m.
- Wonderful World of Hand Drums - Simone LaDrumma is your guide for a rhythmic journey.
- Kids Can Draw! - Artist Catherine McNeil helps you turn simple shapes into cartoon characters on July 8 at 2 p.m.
- Cartoons, Cartoons, Cartooning! - Teens are invited to join artist Catherine McNeil for a cartooning class on July 10 at 2 p.m.
- Babysitters Workshop - Learn babysitting skills and earn a Red Cross Certificate on July 13 & July 14, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Brown Bag Storytimes through July 29 at noon. Bring a picnic lunch and drop in for stories, songs and surprises.
- Teddy Bears' Picnic - Bring a bear, a blanket and a picnic liunch and enjoy stories, games and a visit to the "Bear Doctor" on July 15 at 11 a.m.
- Poetry Slam - Danika Dinsmore and Paul Nelson, Northwest Spokenword LAB (SPLAB!), present a fast-moving, always-changing poetry reading and writing workshop on July 15 at 7 p.m.
- Introduction to Orchestra - Enjoy this fun-filled workshop featuring an introduction to the instruments and sounds of the orchestra on July 16 at 2 p.m.
- Pirate's Parrot - Colorfully dressed "pirates" bring some highly trained parrots to the library on July 11 at 3 p.m.
- The Spectacular Sky Above - Create masks and participate in a play on July 13 at 3 p.m.
- Cockroach's Wedding and Other Celebrations - Jen and Nat Whitman of the Whitman Story Sampler tell lively tales from Iran, France, and Louisiana on July 14 at 7 p.m.
Bothell Regional Library
- Free Kindergarten Readiness Workshop - Kindergarten Readiness Workshop on July 9, from 6:30-8 p.m.
- Getting Started with Computers - Learn about memory, disk storage, operating systems, programs, printing and telecommunications on July 13 at 10 a.m.
- Storytelling in the Courtyard - Join Dr. Margaret Read MacDonald for folktales from around the world on Wednesdays, through August 5, at 2 p.m.
- Toddler Time - A series of 20-minute story sessions featuring stories and songs just right for toddlers ages 1 1/2-2 1/2, Tuesdays, through July 28, at 9:45 a.m.
- Start a Spectacular Scrapbook - Bring a photo, postcards, or other objects and make two pages to start your scrapbook on July 9 at 2 p.m.
- Mummy Madness - Decode hieroglyphics, wrap a mummy and explore the treasures of the Egyptian pyramids on July 11 at 11 a.m.
- Hand-Made Books Workshop - Create a folded book and begin illustrating and writing a story on July 14 at 2 p.m.
- Brown Bag Story Times - Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy stories, songs and puppets on Tuesdays through August 18 at noon.
- Wings and Things - Study the amazing wings of insects, then design and make up your own wings on July 13 at 1 p.m.
Fall City Library
- Computer Classes - Get acquainted with the library catalog system and the World Wide Web. Introduction to the library catalog July 15 from 4-5:30 p.m.; Introduction to the World Wide Web July 15 from 6:30-8 p.m.