July 13, 1998
Police Beat is compiled by Andrew Walgamott.
- July 1: A man exposed himself and masturbated in front of a 67-year-old woman and a 13-year-old girl at a produce stand in the 13400 block of N.E. 171st St. The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s with brown hair and eyes, a thick mustache and goatee. He has a red, blue and black tattoo on his upper arm.
- July 2: A citizen reported that two juvenile males cut a hole in a fence between the Wellswood county housing complex and Woodinville-Duvall Road. The individuals were chased off.
- June 16: Two shots were fired from a .45 caliber gun at the downtown Chevron at about 9 p.m. A witness saw a man in a white van with a silver handgun. The van left westbound on N.E. 175th St.
- June 21: A stereo face plate as well as CDs were stolen from a 1986 Chevy Cavalier in the 14600 block of N.E. 178th St. Loss was estimated at $110.
- July 7: A 42-year-old Woodinville man, involved in a rearend traffic accident in the 19800 block of 156th Ave. N.E., was arrested for cocaine possession after a witness observed him throw a plastic baggie containing a white powdery substance into a ditch. The suspect, who offered the other driver cash to settle, was also cited for negligent driving. He had several outstanding warrants.
- June 19: A Panasonic AM/FM CD player was stolen from a 1982 Honda Prelude in the 13200 block of N.E. 186th. A witness saw "more than one" figure running from the vehicle to a newer, small dark-colored hatchback vehicle. Loss was estimated at $230.
- June 25: Someone entered a home in the 12600 block of N.E. 157th St. through an unlocked garage and stole about $585 in cash and tools while the victims slept.
- June 16: Police pulled a 30-year-old Bothell man over after he left a Kingsgate bar at a high rate of speed on 124th Ave. N.E. and crossed the center line. The suspect was ticketed for driving under the influence and taken to the precinct for processing.
- July 6/7: Someone cut a bicycle chain wrapped around outdoor chairs, benches and tables at a business in the 14400 block of Wood-Red Rd. Loss was estimated at $2,461.